Best Cities in the USA for International Students
Being able to study abroad in USA or any other country is one of the most life-changing experiences for any. An exciting new life, great academic opportunities, new cultural experiences, the perks of studying abroad are endless.
The USA is one of the most preferred study destinations by the international student community. With fabulous cityscapes, prestigious universities, and vibrant student communities, the US is a haven of new opportunities and experiences. With a lot of great universities to choose from, you can find the best university that suits your aspirations with ease. The city of your preferred university is also a very important matter to consider well.
Here, we present you with the best cities in the USA to fulfill your American dream.
8 Best Cities in the USA for International Students
1. Boston – Boston is one of the most preferred student cities in the world with the world’s eight best universities located in the city. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University are some of the world’s best that is located in Boston apart from Boston University, Suffolk University, and North-eastern University providing exemplary quality of education to the student community. Boston is also popularly known as the student capital of the US. With a rousing nightlife, great culinary options, and a natural harbor, Boston is a great city for international students.
2. Chicago – Thriving as the economic hub of the USA, Chicago is ranked 30th in the list of the Best Student Cities of the world. Two of the globally well-renowned universities, the University of Chicago and the North-Western University are located in Chicago. With great scope for internships/ OPTs, Chicago is a great choice for any ambitious international student. Chicago is a scene to some of the best architecture in the world and is an important center for cultural heritage and multicultural community living. Millennium Park, Navy Pier, etc, are some of the iconic sites to visit in Chicago.
3. San Francisco – Home to some of the biggest technology companies like Apple, Facebook, and Google, San Franciso Bay Area is one of the world’s leading financial centers. Two of the world’s prestigious universities, Stanford University and the University of California are located in the city. The city is a land of opportunities, especially for students since there is an abundant pool of internships, employment, and work placement opportunities. San Francisco is one of the top-visited cities in the US.
4. Los Angeles – After New York, Los Angeles holds the reputation of being the second-largest metropolitan city in the USA. The city is a dream destination for cinema, entertainment, and art lovers. Los Angeles is a land of great employment opportunities for professions like science, fashion, medicine, sports, etc. Reputed global universities situated in the city include California Institute of Technology (Caltech), the University of Southern California, and The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). The city has a pleasant climate and is a popular tourist destination.
5. New York – The largest metropolitan city in the USA, New York City is a culmination of innovation, arts, architecture, entertainment, and culture. The city is ranked 20th in the list of the Best Student Cities in the world and home to some of the best universities in the world like New York University, Columbia University, and Cornell University. The highlights of the city include high quality of living, great climate, lower costs of living, and best employment opportunities among others. Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, The Statue of Liberty, are some of the world’s iconic places to visit in New York.
Also read: How To Get a US F1 Student Visa?
6. Atlanta – Atlanta also known as the ‘City in a forest’ is an important and major metropolitan city of the US. The city houses over 50+ institutions and colleges including the prominent ones like Emory University, Clark Atlanta University and, Georgia Institute of Technology. The city has a very active and large student community and is a setting for great music and top-quality restaurants. The city has abundant opportunities in commerce. The city is culturally rich with museums and art centers. Atlant is one of the most affordable student cities in the US.
7. Washington, DC – The city is home to some of the best universities in the USA which includes Georgetown University, American University, George Washington University, University of Maryland-College Park, and Howard University. The city is the political center of the USA with The White House, Supreme Court, Lincoln Memorial, and other important places situated in Washington, DC. Washington is a great place for aspiring students especially for students who are interested in journalism, law, or politics.
8. San Diego – San Diego is a great place for studies and houses one of the best universities in the world, the University of California. The mesmerizing beauty of oceanic sunset is a sight to behold in the city. World-famous San Diego Zoo, the Balboa Park, and several sandy beaches are the major highlights of the city.
You can also check: Study in USA: A Complete Guide for International Students